The pandemic has pushed organizations to rethink how to safely convene this summer inviting the emergence of virtual conferences. On the plus side, many events are now more accessible and can reach broader audiences through the power of the internet. For decades, the largest gathering of Latino leaders and changemakers has been the national UnidosUS Annual Conference, hosted by the civil rights organization formerly known as the National Council of La Raza (NCLR). This year, the UnidosUS annual conference carries on as a free virtual gathering from July 27-30th. As the Latinx community faces challenges like the disproportionate impact of COVID-19 and voter suppression, it is more important than ever before to discuss how we can use our collective power to create the country we want to see.
Here are 5 reasons why you should register right now for the UnidosUS Annual Conference:
- Hear from economic experts Senator Elizabeth Warren and Dr. Manuel Pastor how COVID-19 has disrupted the U.S. economy and what a “Big, Bold, Recovery” should include to put the country back to work in a way that is equitable. This session will be on July 27 at 10:05 PST.
- Meet three outstanding Latinas that took their journeys, lessons learned, and their favorite stories to write books that inspire the next generation of Latina leaders. The Phenomenal Latina panel will be at 11:45am PST on July 27 and includes MSNBC anchor Alicia Menendez, former Director of the White House Domestic Policy Council under President Obama, Cecilia Muñoz, and comedian Cristela Alonzo.
- Get motivated to vote with the Progressive Power panel happening on July 27 at 1:50 PST. Learn new ways to inspire people to act, register, and mobilize to vote, and make it clear that Latinx youth are prepared to carry the country forward. This panel is moderated by Latinx advocate and journalist Paola Ramos.
- Join UnidosUS President and CEO Janet Murguía, National Urban League President and CEO Marc Morial, and Afro-Latina journalist Ilia Calderon for an honest conversation about what’s happening in our country right now, and how the Latino and Black communities can unite to work toward racial justice for the nation.
- Taking advantage of the free virtual conference experience will also connect you directly with organizations and resources from across the country. You’ll be able to set-up up one-on-one appointments with UnidosUS partners, participate in polls, and win games and prizes all from the comfort of your laptop, tablet or smartphone.